WHO ARE WE AND WHAT ARE WE AIMING AT?
BIO-Save initiative teams up experienced researchers and higher education professionals:
- With advanced expertise in biotechnology, cell biology, molecular biology, environmental protection, climate studies, educational management,
- Working in four universities, four SMEs and two NGOs, and
- Coming from four EU member countries – Bulgaria, Italy, Greece and Slovenia, and one associated country – Turkey,
- And facing challenges in the form of demographic pressure and needs to address the high level of youth unemployment which is a source of social instability, and to respond to the high demand for professional workers with advance expertise.
Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.George Bernard Shaw
- To bridge the gap between teaching in the academic institutions and the need for educated professionals in the biotech business.
- To promote the best practices in modern biotechnology research.
- To boost innovation in the biotech education and business through establishing an innovative programme in “Modern biotechnology approaches for climate change mitigation”.
- To implement advanced knowledge and skills to stimulate the shift of the EU education towards smart and green competences.
- To improve the quality of education for students, teachers and practitioners with up-to-date knowledge in climate protective biotechnology approaches through ICT-based flexible, transferable Learning Outcomes and Learning Pathways with the ultimate aim to build a competence-based learning system.
- To contribute to the (re)training of the workforce to answer the Industry 4.0 requirements for digital transformation of the economy, the business, and ultimately – our life.
BIO-Save initiative stands on three pillars:
- Linking higher education, research and business for excellence and regional development.
- Stimulating the development of entrepreneurial and creative skills to promote innovation in higher education through interactive learning environment.
- Improving skills for development of the biotech sector.
BIO-Save team steps on the excellent results of the ECO-Center and Bio-FIT projects – whose participants are our partners – by:
- Emphasizing the latest developments in research on clean environment and bio-fertilizer technologies.
- Transferring the outputs to new geographical regions – Turkey, Italy and Slovenia.
- Furthering the need for introducing green-biotechnology principles into the agricultural sector.
- Upgrading the free-access multilingual educational programmes through application of EQF/HE strategic system for organization of a training process.