CONCEPTUAL DESIGN AND COMMENCEMENT
Organization of project commencement in terms of milestones establishment, activities structuring and issue of practical guidelines for project performance.
RESULT 1: Study and report on: Skills gap demands biotech expertise in climate change mitigation
Main topics and analysis at partners’ countries:
- Current state of the art in project field.
- Contemporary biotech practices identifying new key skills and competencies.
- National policies and employment prospects
- Educational needs/gaps in the project subject area
- Round-up of education curricula integrating modern biotechnology tools
- Competence models and competence assessment schemes.
MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATION
Definition of the key issues for effective project management in terms of guiding project progress, planning its activities and identifying tasks, resources, and timelines.
RESULT 2: Plan for Educational Programme Implementation and Operation.
Guidelines for management of the process for educational programme implementation:
- Overall planning and coordination
- Inclusion of appropriate training performance
- Delivery of technical assistance
- Scheduling special computer processing.
- Preparation of digital facilities for implementation
- Provision of personnel for the exploitation stage.
CLOUD-BASED WEB PORTAL
BIO-Save cloud-based web portal – secure, scalable, faster, and reliable digital hub integrating training content, visualising the relations in biological structures, and applying the b-learning cloud-based management system (b-LMS) through Web Site Design Method (WSDM).
RESULT 3: BIO-Save b-learning platform
An open-source digital learning tool which functions as a flexible e-medium to provide competence-based blended learning, knowledge database and experience exchange options. It hosts the:
- BIO-Save Presentation which introduces the modern biotechnology approaches for climate change mitigation and the BIO-Save opportunities and partners.
- BIO-Save b-Learning which provides target groups with learning opportunities tailored to their needs
- The BIO-Save project database hosts EU and national data about research and education in the project research area
- The BIO-Save dissemination and exploitation which ensures the transferability of the BIO-Save results and their sustainable impact.
BLENDED LEARNING MODEL
Flexible innovative blended learning system to be used by diverse HEI and business stakeholders for provision of an interactive training environment.
BIO-Save blended learning model:
- Develops competence-based learning strategy mediating the shift to modern technology for reading competences.
- Provides knowledge corresponding to Education 4.0 multi-dimensional approach for Industry 4.0 workforce needs satisfaction.
- Offers skills to both individuals and institutions by a combination of e-learning technology, assessment tests and offline materials.
RESULT 4: b-Learning Guide in Modern Biotechnology for Higher Education Professionals
An instructions’ manual focused on:
- New learning and teaching methods in HE programmes
- BIO-Save project learning
- The use of ICT in HE.
MODULAR EDUCATION PROGRAMME
An education programme dedicated to modern biotechnology approaches for climate change mitigation.
RESULT 5: BIO-Save Learning Curriculum
The curriculum highlights the potential of modern technologies to increase productivity and to meet rapidly growing demand for energy, food, nutrition, and health; and presents the impact of modern biotechnology approaches in climate change mitigation for improving quality of life.
It is designed to.
- Meet the needs of the BIO-Save targets.
- Employ European instruments EQF/HE/ECTS
- Be structured as Learning Outcomes organised in Blended Learning Pathways (BLP)
- Give various e-learning opportunities: offline and online, personalised paths, short intensive courses, skills training, etc
RESULT 6: BIO-Save Guide “Green Business for Young Entrepreneurs”
A guide that raises awareness and promotes better understanding on environmental risks and green business opportunities introducing new products and processes discussing case-studies on how the products are used by companies in different contexts and sectors.
BIO-Save Career Guidance defines Career Profiles in modern biotechnology designed for graduates at different NQF/EQF/HE reference levels.
RESULT 7: BIO-Save Competence Catalogue
A tool for tracking, accumulation and relations of the trainee’s knowledge and experience using an operational scheme that implements the LO-based approach and employing diverse methods.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT & PILOTING
BIO-Save Quality Management & Monitoring -A system of procedures, criteria and resources for quality management and monitoring of project progress and integrity. BIO-Save b-Learning Piloting / Testing & Feedback – a process for piloting BIO-Save HE curriculum and cloud-based b-learning with project target users and to receive feedback on results’ specific content, applicability and acceptance.
RESULTS 8: BIO-Save Programme Value
A guideline that reflects the project results final impact in terms of sustainability provision through innovative b-learning approach, modern e-training environment, modern subject of training, targets selection, and dissemination and exploitation actions.
DISSEMINATION & EXPLOITATION STRATEGY
A programme document that aims to ensure dissemination of project results and further maximise the project achievements value throughout employment of both scientific and industrial channels.
RESULT 9: Training Skills Exchanging – Smart Dissemination Toolkit
A guideline shaping the conceptual basis and the contractual operational framework of BIO-Save D&E strategy, focused on:
- Theoretical framework how to reach the target audiences and promote the developed HE curricula.
- Practical tools how to design and implement effective D&E strategy.
- Templates and examples of novel D&E ways to communicate diverse audiences.
- Methods to reach decision-makers with new research findings.